THIS YEAR OUR POPULAR OPEN GARDENS PROGRAMME IS FOR EVERYBODY
WATCH FOR POSTERS IN WINDOWS OR MAYBE AN INVITATION FROM A NEIGHBOUR – OR SHOW OFF YOUR OWN GARDEN TO FRIENDS.
Open your garden – some frequently asked questions
- Is it just for big gardens?
- No – this year the theme is “Earthshot” and it’s all about conservation and care of the earth. You might have a brilliant composting system, or grow herbs in recycled containers, or make the most of a small patch. Every kind of garden is fun – do share yours.
- When is it happening?
- The Broomhill Festival runs from Friday 10 – Sunday 19 June. We would love to see gardens opened up throughout Broomhill during this period. You can open your own garden to the public for as long or short a time as you like – an hour or so on any day you wish, or make a day if it!
- Who’s invited?
- This is up to you – invite a few neighbours via word of mouth, or put a poster in your window and see who turns up.
- Is it in aid of something?
- Some people like to collect for their favourite charity. Some people sell refreshments and make an occasion of it. But if you don’t want to do that it’s fine – just share your garden for fun.
- How do I publicise it?
- If you want to do more than just ask a few neighbours, you can add your address to our website , or, if you want an even wider circulation, you can add it to our brochure. ( We don’t give names, only addresses).